Adding your own choice of photos to your registry
Weddings should be beautiful. It is a truth universally acknowledged! That’s why at Our Honeymoon Registry, we’ve worked so hard to make our registries the most beautiful in the business, laden with stunning images to capture the essence of what you want your honeymoon to look like (and make all your guests jealous!!!).
Since it is such a personal aspect of what you dream of in a honeymoon, it was important to us that people making their registries would be able to personalise it and can choose which images they want to use throughout. You might like some or all of the images we suggest for you (that’s the much quicker option), but it’s fun to put in at least some of your own choosing.
Some tips on choosing images for the main welcome screen:
- This is a big screen shot so you really do need a high resolution photo. Shots from phones invariably come out grainy and dull in tone. It’s worth getting a good, clear photo for this one, because when you get it right, it’s a stunning sight to dazzle your guests with.
- Look for images with a lot of “clear space”. The text (if you choose to have text) will take up a portion of the screen and for ease of reading, it’s good to have a background which isn’t too busy. Visually, these big shots with one clear focal point also pack the biggest punch, even without text.
- Any image of the two of you which is high resolution and has a lot of clear spaces (think big skies, sandy beaches, brick walls, fields of grass, etc) looks great. Some options that might work for you include:
- An image from a professional photo shoot, if you went for this option when you got engaged
- An image of the two of you in a place which is special to you, like the place you met, a favourite holiday spot or where the proposal took place
- A pic of your honeymoon destination
- A pic of your wedding venue, for example if it’s going to be in a beautiful garden, or at the beach
- An element from your wedding invitation
... and now for some tips on choosing images for the gift items:
Check out our sample registry for more ideas, or click here for more info on creating your own honeymoon registry. Happy planning!